Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Jurlique Blogger Event


Yesterday evening I headed over to the Jurlique New York City Flagship boutique for my first blogging event where myself and fellow beauty enthusiasts learned about Jurlique. Most of you may have heard of Jurlique before as you can find their products at Sephora. The Australian skincare brand emphasizes the importance of natural ingredients and eco-friendly production methods. Many of the ingredients, such as rose petals, are grown at Jurlique's farm in South Australia. 



The event focused on three main collections and products. The first was the new Rose Moisture Plus line which is meant to hydrate the skin and protect it from the harsh environment. The scent of all the products in this line is absolutely divine. Jurlique's rose scent is sophisticated and pleasant without coming across as a strong fragrance. The Rosewater Balancing Mist was very refreshing and the first thing that came to mind was the similarity to the heavily hyped Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I have not tried either for an extended period of time so I can't say if they're similar products but in theory they seem to be comparable.



The Herbal Recovery Antioxidant Gel Mask was another product that we were introduced to. I was very excited to learn more about this product as I have been searching for a hydrating facial treatment. This gel mask is unique in that small capsules of vitamin E are suspended in the gel formula which are supposed to nourish the skin further. 



The Purely Bright line intrigued me because Jurlique claims that using this regimen will even out the skin in 30 days. I must say I am a bit skeptical of high and lofty claims like these but who knows, maybe it does work! I tried the Purely Bright Radiance Serum on the back of my hand and I loved how easily the formula absorbed into my skin. 


Besides discovering the many products that Jurlique offers, I was also ecstatic because I had the chance to meet some other bloggers! Here I am with Cydia and Wing who you might recognize from Youtube. I also met Jessica and Alice who were incredibly nice as well. I rarely get to talk about beauty products with people in real life so the event was a great chance to chat with other ladies who love skincare and makeup as much as I do!







At the end of the evening Jurlique sent us all home with goodie bags containing some of the products that we tried in store. 


I can't wait to try out the products and I will be doing reviews for each of the items after I have had sufficient time to assess them. I want to use up some of my current skincare items before delving in the Jurlique products so I probably won't be reviewing these too soon.

Based on the information from the event and speaking to the Jurlique representatives, I have high hopes for the products and I am eager to see how my skin responds to them. If you have never tried Jurlique, I would urge you to go into a Sephora or freestanding store to just smell the products even if you are not looking to change your skincare routine because the scents are really nice.

As a little bonus for my followers, if you spend over $50 on the Jurlique website and enter the code JUNEROSE at checkout, a deluxe sample of the Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream will be added to your cart! This offer expires at the end of the month.

Have you ever tried Jurlique? If you have, what were your impressions and are there any products you recommend?

10 comments:

  1. Blogger events sound so exciting! I can't wait to hear your reviews on these products. I've been interested in their Purely Bright line too but their are just way out of my price range :X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very exciting! Their products are quite pricey but I hope that means they'll be effective. I can't wait to use up that dreaded Hope in a Jar so I can revamp my skincare routine with the Jurlique products!

      Delete
  2. So exciting! I can't wait for your reviews on them. Btw, you ladies look lovely =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh you went to this?? Had I known I would have gone to meet you! wow you look very tall in the photo! are you tall?
    Hopefully the skin care shows some promising results! all i have tried is their hand cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept wondering if you would be there! Were you invited?
      I'm between 5'5'' and 5'6'' so I'm about average height but most of the other ladies were very petite so I looked kinda giantish :)
      I tried their hand cream in the store and it was really nice! The rose scent is really amazing :D

      Delete
  4. Jurlique is an Australian brand? O_o Wow I live in Australia and I always thought it was an overseas brand ahaha whenever I see the Jurlique store on sale, there is always a massive lineup of Asiana waiting outside to buy lol.
    I've personally only used 2 Jurlique products (hand cream: too thick for my liking and hand didn't absorb it & Balancing Mist that doesn't feel like it does anything, just feel like I sprayed water on my face ==) and I didn't like them so I never went back. But seeing the Rose Moisture Plus Line makes me curious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's an Australian brand! They have a farm in Australia too which I thought was pretty cool. I had never tried any Jurlique products prior to this event so it was really nice to be able to learn about the different ranges that I had never heard of before.

      Delete
  5. that looks awesome & u look awesome! Hm ... how long does the discount code work? The facial masque eva recommended retailed for around 50 (at whole foods) ... I believe she said that is one of the ones she reserves for special occasions because it really leaves a 'glow'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The discount code works until the end of the month. I think your friend was probably talking about the Herbal Recovery Antioxidant Gel Mask because it costs $48 and is supposed to be very hydrating.

      Delete