Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jet Set Birchbox: June 2012


This month Birchbox gave their subscribers a sneak peek of a bunch of the products that were going to be in the June box. I was originally lukewarm to this box as I knew theBalm's Staniac was going to be one of the focus products for the month and I already own the full size. Luckily I am actually incredibly pleased with the products I received this month and I will be passing on my mini Staniac to my Mom! Oh, as a side note, it took four whole days for my box to ship to me which is quite long considering the warehouse is in New Jersey and I live in New York City.... The contents of my box was revealed online before my package arrived so my surprise was a bit ruined. However I usually go scouting for what people get in their box anyway so it's not a major issue. The contents are the main attraction!


I don't travel often although I tend to shop for beauty products with the mindset that I can tote along the products in case I need to pack for a trip. I love minis and multitasking products so this box was exciting. I also love that quite a few brands featured are international brands. Melvita is from France, Eyeko is a British brand, and Yu-Be hails from Japan.


The Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner is one of the main highlights of this box not only because it is a full sized product worth $15 but because I have never tried a pen liquid liner. I am horrible at applying liquid liner and I try to avoid it at all costs but I have been pondering about using liquid liner in the form of a pen applicator.

I love my Thayers Witch Hazel with Rose and the rose scent of the Jurlique products I had a chance to test out at the blogger event was amazing. The Melvita Rose Floral Water smells like rose and lychee and the portable size makes it great for tucking into my purse. After I'm done using the original contents I can always refill the mini spray bottle with my Thayer's water if I so choose!

After spotting the Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream at Sephora and Duane Reade I was intrigued by the multipurpose uses for the skin and even lips. The sample tube is teeny weeny so I will probably just keep this handy for my cuticles.

I never thought I would get excited over band-aids but I did. An entire box of Cynthia Rowley Dress Up Band-Aids was my lifestyle extra this month and I couldn't be more pleased. I always need a band-aid in the most random situations and these are trendy and useful! The price is the only thing I am not pleased about.... Twenty strips of adhesive for $15? Really? I mean, if you have the money by all means indulge but I think most people will have to think twice before shelling out so much to cover up their boo boos.

In honor of Father's Day a little sample of John Varvatos' Star USA cologne was featured in this month's box which I promptly handed to my Dad. He doesn't use cologne much and isn't a very high maintenance guy on the grooming front so I don't think he would be interested in BirchboxMan unfortunately.

That wraps up my initial impressions on the June 2012 Birchbox. This month's box was definitely a great value and almost all of the products are things I would not have picked up on my own accord but that I am more than happy to receive and try! I can't wait for next month's box which will be a collaboration with Glamour magazine and the theme will be the Five Senses of Summer. Sounds intriguing, no? If you're interested in subscribing to Birchbox, check out their site HERE via my referral link (if you don't mind).

Are any of you subscribed to Birchbox? What did you receive in your box this month? Have you tried any of the products shown above? I'd also love to know what your favorite travel beauty products are!

2 comments:

  1. You're probably going to see a (slightly embarrassing) trend in my comments but .... um so I really wanted some Cynthia Rowley band-aids after seeing them listed in one of Eva's ootd posts. This was months ago, and I googled where to buy them and came up with NOTHING. Then, a few weeks ago, I was going to the Face Shop in korea town and decided to stop by the cvs there to pick up some necessities. And randomly, I pass by a aisle of cute band aids ... including the cynthia rowley ones. I was so. excited. So I got 2 boxes ( they were only 3.50 though!) and then I wound up getting one for free because I was 'forced' to use the self checkout and realized when I got home that one of the boxes didn't swipe. I showed my boyfriend and he was like, um that's great but when do you ever use band aids?! (answer: pretty much never, but oh well!)

    btw, yay for your mom getting a mini stainiac!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well, these are reasonable for $3.50 and the mistake at the self checkout made it even worth it :) But if you had purchased these for $15 I'd be incredibly shocked. I don't use band-aids too often because I try to not get hurt in the first place but sometimes I get blisters on my feet depending because of certain shoes.

      Delete